Sunday, May 15, 2022

Introduction

 Hello! I am Regan, an art novice and eager student of Art200. I look forward to exploring art with all of you! This is the final semester of my BA degree, and I am getting all those requirements in. I believe the most difficult part of this course will be mastering MLA style after having used APA for the better part of 3 years now. 

Pictured above is a work of art that my kids and I created. I like the idea of shadow boxes and "fairy" art. 

The art that is most prized to me art the work of my kids and students. I love the ability and freedom art gives to expression and furthering communication. My limited exposure to art galleries has been less than exciting. Here is an Art Hub for Kids website that provides art ideas and demonstrations for kids. 

7 comments:

  1. You can use APA - that will work. There you go - difficulty gone!! I love that you are creating art with your kids. Awesome. The ArtHub site was really wonderful, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very cool! I forgot about shadow boxes, but I think they are a very unique and beautiful form of art! I especially like when there are little scenes of forests or the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love your shadowbox! When I first glanced, I thought to myself "I wonder where she saw this piece, I'd like to see more". I really like the color play and the out-of-focus visual. I would love to see more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh this is so fun! I haven't see a shadow box in a long time. Also congrats, your final semester how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow I too love your shadow box also, your blog is amazing. I've managed to complete my very first blog. So, yours is very inspiring.

      Delete
  5. I had to look up shadowboxes after seeing your children's art. I have of course always been aware of the form though not by name. Sometimes more obscure types of art can be used to make powerful statements and surreal pieces of art. The cartoons of Yuri Norstein and Francheska Yarbusova are fascinating as art pieces and are worth a YouTube deep dive if you ever have a few minutes. Keep those kids in their imaginations as long as you can!

    Grant Anderson

    ReplyDelete

Artwork of India-Non-Western Art

 The artwork of India is as diverse as its people, its countries include (see below) Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, India, and Nepal (Wiki...